Thursday, October 13, 2011

31-Day Horror Challenge Day Thirteen: Fright Night(1985)



Perhaps it's the fact that vampires aren't really my thing, or maybe the hype was a bit much, but I wasn't as crazy about Fright Night as I thought I would be.  Don't get me wrong, it's a fun film with a very good blend of horror and comedy.  I just felt it was missing something.  And for all the uncultured children out there, this is the original film, not that remake with Collin Farrell.  Now that that's cleared up, let's get to the review!

Charley Brewster sees some strange goings on out his window from his new neighbor's house.  He slowly starts to suspect that the fresh tenant is secretly a vampire.  No one believes his claims until the proof piles up and they must help him destroy the creature.  The ending was refreshing for me but unfortunately, I don't want to give away why.

Though I don't think it's the greatest film ever made, Fright Night does a good job of sticking to traditional vampire folklore while bringing the modern aspect into it.  The performances are fantastic as are the special effects and it's definitely entertaining the whole way through.  Check it out and tell me if you disagree!

____  ____  ____  7/10 Jack O'lanterns

No comments:

Post a Comment