Monday, October 11, 2010

Even More Reviews








Drag Me to Hell(2009) - 10/10 stars.
This is easily one of the best horror films of the past 3 decades.  It might sound like a bold claim but if you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about.  After Sam Raimi did that mess called  Spider-Man 3, I was sure his career was going down the toilet and fast.  It's nice that I was wrong.






Observe and Report(2009) - 8/10 stars.
I think Observe and Report is a very underrated and under appreciated film.  It is a very well done character study of someone with bi-polar and a damn good homage to Taxi Driver.  There are plenty of laughs to be had here but a sense of pity will remain for the main character.







Deadly Friend(1986) - 3/10 stars.
Now, I'm sure Wes Craven would like to forget he made this film just like his sequel to The Hills Have Eyes.  However, I actually enjoyed this film for the simple reason that it was so atrocious that I had to laugh.  I would have thought this would be a shoe in for the Mystery Science Theater guys to poke fun at.
 







Harry Brown(2009) - 9/10 stars.
Between Harry Brown and Machete, it seems like it is a good time for revenge cinema.  Michael Caine gives a fantastic performance.  One thing I did want to make sure to mention about this film is that the opening scene contains the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on film.

 







Get Him to the Greek(2009) 7/10 stars.
It's not the best movie from the Apatow group but it is very funny.  With solid performances all around and quick humor, you won't be disappointed.



 




Catfish(2010) - 9/10 stars.
I will maintain that this is one of 2010's best.  It's so unconventional that it's a breath of fresh air.  I can't give away much in here but the ending is one of the most bizarre conclusion I recall seeing.  There has been much debate over whether or not this film is actually real.  Whether real or not, it's still impressive as hell.








The Social Network(2010) - 9/10 stars.
Another film that 2010 will be remembered for.  When I originally saw the trailer for The Social Network, I thought it was just gonna be a dry comedy with not much going for it.  Thankfully, I was mistaken.  It is a very dark and almost disturbing drama that hooks you in and never really lets go, even after the credits roll.  I would have given the film a 10/10 but Justin Timberlake's performance was pitiful.







Nowhere Boy(2009) - 8/10 stars.
I really enjoyed this glance into John Lennon's childhood.  I'm not exactly sure how accurate it is, but it was a very interesting little film.

No comments:

Post a Comment